Flavolic-20 is a 21st century supplement. It was created to fulfil the needs of the most demanding.
The technology of combining flavonoids (quercetin and epigallocatechin gallate - EGCG) with phospholipid contained in Flavolic-20 improves the bioavailability of natural molecules. This modification allows for twenty fold higher bioavailability compared to flavonoids in standard form. Flavolic-20 is a combination of the most absorbable forms of quercetin and EGCG in combination with Vitamin C.
The compounds contained in the supplement show a number of actions:
- Flavonoids have antioxidant properties – they are scavengers of free radicals and reactive oxygen species. This activity is associated with inhibition of enzymes involved in the production of free radicals, including xanthine oxidase, lipoxygenases and cyclooxygenases, and chelation of transition metal ions. Additionally inhibition of ascorbic oxidase prevents oxidation of vitamin C and prolongs its action in the body. The antioxidative activity of flavonoids is manifested by hapatoprotective, anti-aggregation, antiatherosclerotic activity.
- Inhibition of the cascade of arachidonic acid metabolism, which results in anti-inflammatory effect.
- Quercetin inhibits histamine synthesis, which reduces the symptoms of allergies.
- Sealing the blood vessels - vasoprotective effect.
- Inhibiting the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), which results in blood pressure lowering.
- Regenerating and protecting the liver parenchyma.
- Beneficial effect on weight loss.